QUÉ EMOCIÓN!!! PARTICIPAMOS EN UN CONCURSO!!!

XIV PREMIOS ESPIRAL - ACEPTAN NUESTRA CANDIDATURA DE PARTICIPACIÓN PARA LA EDICIÓN 2020

Hemos sido aceptados para participar en la modalidad de ABP en los XIV Premios Espiral. Os imagináis poder lograr tan prestigioso galardón?...

Tuesday 15 October 2019

The Messenger - Unit I

THE BATTLE OF THE LAND: PHYSIOCRATS AND LOUIS XV

10/20/1758 (Paris)

With a war against Great Britain still on, Louis XV has to face a new economic movement: the physiocracy


The current king, Louis XV, The Beloved, was for a time loved by the
Louis XV
people as a courageous and capable king. However, for some time 
he has gotten into battles for land he has not been able to win, and 
the current one against Great Britain and Prussia does not seem to
be different. All this added to the scandals concerning their 
followers have made the town have a bad image of Louis XV, 
see in the stab he received about a year ago for one of his servants, 
a wound from which the king recovered. But now our king faces 
another problem: physiocracy. Recently a book has been published 
by François Quesnay, the king's doctor since 1744, and his name is 
"Tableau Économique". This text defends that wealth is based on
food produced by the country, mainly agriculture, disregarding trade
and manufacturing as sources of wealth, considering them "sterile”.
This is based in Britain’s system, where the land and weather make
agriculture easier. The supporters of this movement, the physiocrats,
François Quesnay
try that neither the owner of the land nor the state intervene in these
activities and that the price of the land is lowered, ideas that Quesnay
coined under the term
"Laissez-faire", something that to the King does not seem like a good
idea even though the movement is gaining strength and more and more
followers.

Here you have a resumed video that we recorded about Louis XV (you
need to turn captions in english)

And Here you´ve got an Spanish adaption of the "Tableau Economique"




16 comments:

  1. I think that thisnews is undoubtedly the one that I liked the most, but not because it is better than the others, but because what counts is more interesting because it mentions many events that happened before as the stab I had received a year ago. It also seemed very original to me the way in which they put the video and I think the fact that they have bothered to put an adaptation of the "Tableau Economique" is also appreciated.

    SARA PÉREZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT JOB!This is also the new I like the most because of the videos you have linked which were very good,specially the one about the new physiocratic league and I also appreciate that you have putted an spanish adaptation of the "Tableau Eonomique".
    INÉS GONZÁLEZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inés: News is always plural, and the past of "put" is also "put", nor putted...

      Anyway, the comment is no bad.

      Delete
  3. I did not like it very much because I don't understand very well what it says in the text although it is well written, there are some words that I don't understand and I miss, and when I put the video it is in French which I have not understood.

    Lucía González

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new has been cool, especially when you put the links of just the things I did not understand, on the other hand, I think you have put together several news in one, but very good guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new has been cool, especially when you put the links of just the things I did not understand, on the other hand, I think you have put together several news in one, but very good guys!

      Sofía Martínez

      Delete
  5. I really like this news because I have learned a lot about the Battle of the Land and it's very well decorated with links and pictures
    Ruth González

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have liked very much this post, as I think it´s well redacted and coherent. I also like that you have put several links to videos as they help to understand in a better way every concept and, personally, some things I hadn´t understood such as physiocracy, were explained very well in them. If I had to highlight a negative aspect, I´d say that the images are a bit simple, but I understand that in this topic it´s difficult to choose the photos. Well, done!

    Daniel Morán

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it but there are many paragraphs and not many information un them

    Edgar M

    ReplyDelete
  8. It´s ok, but I think the desing is not really good, nor the digital version, neither the paper one. You have also some grammatical mistakes.

    Your mark is 8,25

    ReplyDelete

MOST POPULAR POSTS