QUÉ EMOCIÓN!!! PARTICIPAMOS EN UN CONCURSO!!!

XIV PREMIOS ESPIRAL - ACEPTAN NUESTRA CANDIDATURA DE PARTICIPACIÓN PARA LA EDICIÓN 2020

Hemos sido aceptados para participar en la modalidad de ABP en los XIV Premios Espiral. Os imagináis poder lograr tan prestigioso galardón?...

Monday 11 March 2019

The MIlitia 3-4

THE PAINTED REVOLUTION


The French artist Éugene Delacroix has just released his new masterpiece "The Liberty Leading the People" based on the revolution of 1830 that ended with the absolutism of Charles X.

Eugène Delacroix (click here for a more detailed biography), born in 1798 (Paris) is one of the greatest artists nowadays. In contrast to the Neoclassical perfectionism of his chief rival Ingres, Delacroix took for his inspiration the art of Rubens and painters of the Venetian Renaissance.

This painting has to do with the revolution we have suffered last  27th July 1830.

THE PICTURE

Analysis of the painting:


This picture is painted in oil on canvas; it has romanticism style, sided 260cm x 325cm. 
The main character, The Liberty, is represented by a half-naked woman in the middle centre of the battlefield : Marianne.

Other characters are:
The three social clasesrepresenting the town as a whole.
The fallen: Those killed are exposed above the rubble of an explosion.
The people: stand with their arms raised, symbol of the revolution, and follow their guide: their own freedom.

The Second French Revolution (Trois Glorieuses). This revolt broke up because of the absolutist policies of Charles X. It consisted of three glorious days in which the french people fought against the king (from 27th to 30th July). The 30th July they achieved to overcome against the absolutism and the inequalities leading to a revolutionary period that will be followed by many other nations. Th
is revolution forced the king to abdicate and the assembly chose Louis Philippe I of Orleans.

    



16 comments:

  1. I don't like too much the picture,but I find interesting that the person that represents liberalism is a women.
    Isabel Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this news, the information is clear and concise, I really like the photo because it represents freedom at an important moment and the intention was to represent the town. The analysis of the picture I think is very complete and it is very well written, the video is also very good and the links used perfectly to specify the important data that are needed. I really like this news and it’s one of the best in unit-3.

    Rubén Berciano Monroy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this news very interesting and I really like the photo they have chosen because it represents very good liberalism. The video would have been better if it was more based on painting but it's fine.
    Nerea Rubio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi friends, for me your article has been very well organized and the information is very easy to understand, you have also included many links and one interesting thing is that you have looked for information such as some painters biography in a different web than Wikipedia. When I read about the woman of the paint, Marianne; I wanted to Know more about who was her so that link has been very useful for me. The video explains the french Revolution perfectly with images and draws but it is too long and readers won´t see it.

    Ainhoa Menéndez

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my opinion this new is not very well done because it is not write as a new it is write as an article of information.But apart from hat i found ir very interesting.My favourite part is the analysis of the painting because i dont know anything about that.

    -MIGUEL RODRÍGUEZ SUTIL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is for me the best from unit 3 due to the lack of competition; but it has too many thinks to improve because all the article looks the same and i think it would be great if they do the analysis of the paingting on another type of leter or a smaller one; The video, its ok except from its duration.
    I hope to see soon the paper version of this group because it promises to be very well made.

    David Santiago

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my opinion is a good article because you have put the information with a good structure and I like the picture because it represent liberalism perfectly.

    Nerea Ramírez

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the news, it is complete and clear because of the links which add more information, in addition, they are in English. I think the picture is very well explained because although I do not understand so much about art I think it is so important to know about it and it helps me to know a bit more about the subject, furthermore the image represents a very important event in history. I find very surpising that a woman, who had not any privileges at this time, is the main character in this artistic image

    Laura Pérez

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked your comment and I found it quite interesting. The painting is as beautiful as the things it claims. For my taste it is well written and the information very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved see the hidden part behind the paint and the analysis of it. I didnt realized it represents the 3 classes until today, so this article has already made a good impresion. Good work with this news.

    Sergio Huerga

    ReplyDelete
  11. This news is well organized and very well explained. I like the analysis of the painting and its explanation and the information you give us about Delacroix and both things made me learnt a lot of things that I didn´t know before, such as Delacroix took for his inspiration the art of Rubens. I also like that you explain The Second French Republic, however, the news doesn´t attract very much my attention.

    Joana do Vale

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your news is good and very interesting. I just knew that the painting had to do with the French Revolution, but I didn't know anything about what represents each character painted, so it has been cool for me. In my opinion, it is very original, because anyone else would have maybe focused on the French Revolution, but you have talk about it through the art and I like it. You have added many links, which is also nice, but I miss the paper version.

    Leticia Fernández

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found the topic interesting. I didn't know anything about this picture so it has been pretty good to read it. It has been easy to read due the article is organized and has many links to help you to understand it in a deeper way.

    Lucía Cuevas

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a very complete article. It begins with the biographies of several painters who give information that I didn't know before. The analysis of the painting is very correct, but there isn't difference between the rest of the text, which can be confusing.
    The video is interesting although a bit long.
    Marta Fernández

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it is very complete and explained. There are many links and the video is quite well. I like very much how you talk about the picture.

    Cristina Miguelez

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!! I think your news are so original but, in this case, you have made a big mistake: the picture is related with the 1830´s revolution, and the video you linked is about de French revolution. You also have some mistakes.

    Your mark is 8.75

    ReplyDelete

MOST POPULAR POSTS