QUÉ EMOCIÓN!!! PARTICIPAMOS EN UN CONCURSO!!!

XIV PREMIOS ESPIRAL - ACEPTAN NUESTRA CANDIDATURA DE PARTICIPACIÓN PARA LA EDICIÓN 2020

Hemos sido aceptados para participar en la modalidad de ABP en los XIV Premios Espiral. Os imagináis poder lograr tan prestigioso galardón?...

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Liberal News:The First Spanish Republic


The republic has already been in force for a year!!


The First Spanish Republic is bringing to light the differences between its own defenders and the limited popular support.



After the Glorious Revolution (1868), Isabel II lost her power and she wasn´t Queen of Spain anymore. After that a Provisional Government was established (during the 1868 and 1870) and the General Serrano was the regent. 

General Serrano

Serrano and Prim decided to put Amadeo of Savoy (Son of Victor Emmanuel, King of Italy) as king of Spain, but he only governed during a year and a half. He abdicated and returned to Italy, so the Cortes proclaimed the First Spanish Republic.







Now talking about the beginning of the republic, it  was a very instable period  since the republicans didn´t have the same concept of it  .This instability was also reflected on the fact that in this year there were four different presidensts. 


The most important one was:


Francisco Pi y Margall

Francisco Pi y Margall ,  the second president of the republic. He was a politic with federal ideas and also was a journalist. During his governement he opposed the Third Carlist War,  the Cantonal Revolution, some problems in Cuba and he advocated the proyect of the federal constitution.






Not only Francisco Pi y Margall had to face many problems but also all the Republic in general. Some of them were:


-The Carlists: they were angered because wanted a Carlist to be the next monarch and the parliament choosed Amedeo of Savoy. When the Republic started the Third Carlist War was happening.

-Monarchists:They were the supporters of Alfonso XII.They wanted the return of the borbons to the Spanish throne.
- The division of the republic: the republicans were divided into two parties, depending on their concept of republic;  the federals and the centralised.
-Problems in Cuba: it was a revolution in Cuba in order to obtain more autonomy.


Nowadays the Cortes had been disolved by general Pavía and the past month of December General Serrano proclaimed himself as the new president of Spanish government after this year of big instability.








19 comments:

  1. I like too much your new,but in the new doesn't said anything about who was the first president of the republic.
    Isabel Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fine but I've made me long a lot and I don´t like how it's organized. On the other hand, I like the video because it´s explained very well and it's animated, there are also many links to see and consult, the news on paper seems to me that this information is very tight.
    Nerea Rubio

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that I liked the most was the video because from it anyone could make a summary on this topic and that was very clear everything previously discussed. I don’t like the organization of the concepts in the news, the links I think are great because there are many and with very concrete information. On the other hand the version paper I like the first part but I think that the second part should be better organized and all the content followed. I found it strange that I thought Amadeo de Savoya was named king by his father and not by Serrano and Prim. The information is well understood and good conclusions can be drawn, it is a good news, I like it.

    Rubén Berciano Monroy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, for me this article has been very boring,it contains a lot of information that is explained clearly but I don´t like it because you haven´t made an article talking about an specific topic, instead of that, you have talk about the whole Republic period.
    An article consists on giving information about an specific event, not just telling everything you know about the Republic.
    If your goal was to make a brief summary of the First Republic, the work is excellent, but it wasn´t.
    In my opinion you should also name the 4 different presidents.
    The next time try to focus on an specific topic and work with it.

    Ainhoa Menéndez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, this article has a lot of junk information with haven´t got to do with the news, and this makes it really dificult to read. Apart from this, the video is really nice and has all the main information of the post. It also has a lot of links, at least one on each inportant person.
    the paper version, its really well organiced and i like how you separate the paragraphs;
    in my opinion, very well done.

    David Santiago

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me,this new is very atractive for the reader because it is very well organizated i like it too much the video because it explain very well the first spanish revolution.Well done guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The information is good, but I don´t like very much because it is not well organised, so the notice is very long. The video is really interesting. The paper version is also good but with more photos will be more attractive.

    Cristina Miguélez

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think ther is some information missing but the links are well choosen in this case. It is vey interesting how Spain became a Republic. One of the best parts on this news is that it explain very well the situation and context of Spain in these years.

    Sergio Huerga

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your article has good information and lots of links that are useful to get deeper on the theme, but I think it could be better organised. The distribution of the news made me though that I was reading a history book instead of an article. The distribution of the paper version is also a bit confusing. However, the images you have chosen are nice and the video is perfect: it is interesting, explains the contents clearly and it's animated, which doesn't make you to get bored.

    Leticia Fernández

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this news talks about the first republic from a superficial point of view. I think the information is not very well redacted and it seems like it is incomplete. I really like the video because it makes a brief summary of the whole period and it is in English. I also like the links because there are lots of them and they are in English. I do not like so much the layout and organization, especially in the paper version because it looks like the ideas are not joined each other.

    Laura Pérez

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have found it a bit boring because you give a lot of information in a small article. But in fact, is a good summary of that period in history but I miss some information like the four presidents of the republic instead of just the more importants.

    Ángela Alonso

    ReplyDelete
  12. The article has good information and the links are pretty good. Although it was long to read, is a good explanation of the topic. I miss some details but in fact, it is good.

    Lucía Cuevas

    ReplyDelete
  13. The article it's not bad but I've to say that it might be a little boring while you are reading it, I think this is due to the fact that you have talked abaut the whole period of the republic and not one event that has happened during it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this article, it is very good informated because firstly it introduce with some events of the past and then it focus in the First Republic. I don't like so much the organization of the article neverthless the paper version is very attractive.

    Óscar Barrio Jáuregui

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of this news, i liked I put us I liked that you put us in the historical context, saying the previous events to the republic, I think you can improve your layout
    There are some links that helps you a lot to understand better the article, although, some things are not so well explained in the news
    About the paper version I think you have chooses a good style that fits perfectly with the news, but the information it’s a bit mixed
    The video It's quite entertaining, and it's not very long, so it doesn’t bore you easily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maria mata

      Delete
    2. *I liked that you put us in the historical context.

      Delete
  16. It is a good job but I think you could pay a bigger attention to the layout and the structure of the news both, in the digital and the paper edition.
    You´re mark is 8,75

    ReplyDelete

MOST POPULAR POSTS