QUÉ EMOCIÓN!!! PARTICIPAMOS EN UN CONCURSO!!!

XIV PREMIOS ESPIRAL - ACEPTAN NUESTRA CANDIDATURA DE PARTICIPACIÓN PARA LA EDICIÓN 2020

Hemos sido aceptados para participar en la modalidad de ABP en los XIV Premios Espiral. Os imagináis poder lograr tan prestigioso galardón?...

Friday 22 November 2019

FIRST NEWS - UNIT 2

BOSTON TEA PARTY


REBELLION OF THE COLONOS


The last 16 of december,1773 it took place in Boston, Massachusetts a rebellion


It was organized by john hancock but the names of the othersinvolves are still unknow.Between 60 and 150 people disguised as Mohawk Indians.
They left the great protest assembly and headed to Griffin Pier, where the Dartmouth and the newcomers Beaver and Eleanour were. 
Quickly and efficiently, armed with axes and knives, they frightened the sailors and climbed tea boxes from the hold to the deck. They opened the boxes and threw tea overboard. 
In the work that lasted until late at night, less than three hours were spent, the assailants acting quickly and efficiently.
At dawn, 45 tons of tea worth an estimated 10,000 pounds were poured into the waters of Boston Harbor.

It was an act of protest due to George III, that increased several taxes on the colonies, to recover from the expenses that the  Seven Years war produces.


That taxed the importation from the metropolis of different products, including tea, to benefit the British East India Company, whom the Colonist boycotted by buying tea from the Netherlands.

Many Colonist, in Boston and other parts of the country, have sworn not to take such a drink as a sign of protest, prefering other herbal infusions and coffee.

Many of these Colonist believe that this is not a simple protest but the beginning of a great revelation.























14 comments:

  1. I found it interesting and entertaining since I heard about things I didn't know, like the protest. Besides, the video has helped me understand it better.
    Sofía Martínez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it interesting and entertaining since I heard about things I didn't know, like the protest. Besides, the video has helped me understand it better.
    Sofía Martínez

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the new and it is clearly explained. I like how you end the new, with the opinion of the colonist about the consequences of this important historical fact.
    INÉS GONZÁLEZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. The news is interesting, although there are some errors with capital letters and spaces, but nothing serious. I like how it is written and the video helps a lot.

    -Marta Álvarez

    ReplyDelete
  5. The information is well, but I think the structure of text is a bit weird. The paper format is a bit simple, maybe another photo about Mohawk or whatever would have been nice. The video linked is well explained and detailed and the test at the end is a good detail.

    - Darío M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked this news, it´s well redacted and well explained, to improve it, I would add some more images because it's too much text and being about history it gets a bit boring, there´s also two little spelling mistakes but nothing to be alarmed about. I also like the video that you choosed and the fact of the test. Good Job!

    Rubén Alonso

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´ve liked very much this article, as I think that summarizing, the information is understood. The video also helps this, since it is very didactic. As some things that I would have changed, I would´ve done it a bit longer and I would´ve put any other photo, but I understand that this one is a very difficult topic and that you have spent a lot of time on the test (by the way, I like it very much and I think it is a very original idea).
    Good job!!

    Daniel Morán

    ReplyDelete
  8. The información is good and I like it, but it seems that is just Copy Paste

    Edgar miguelez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This news wasn't excesively good , the information is clear and concise , but there is a lack of dynamism and it's not very interesting

      Delete
  9. This news wasn't excesively good , the information is clear and concise , but there is a lack of dynamism and it's not very interesting.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote my comment once as a reply for Edgar's comment I hope Oscar can read this and delete both (this and the reply)

      Delete
  10. I really like this new because it´s very good explained and i like the test
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, the idea of including a test is nice, but you are not taking the project seriously. I think you don´t mind about the news neither the desing or the paper version. You could do it much better. Your mark is 7,5

    ReplyDelete

MOST POPULAR POSTS