QUÉ EMOCIÓN!!! PARTICIPAMOS EN UN CONCURSO!!!

XIV PREMIOS ESPIRAL - ACEPTAN NUESTRA CANDIDATURA DE PARTICIPACIÓN PARA LA EDICIÓN 2020

Hemos sido aceptados para participar en la modalidad de ABP en los XIV Premios Espiral. Os imagináis poder lograr tan prestigioso galardón?...

Monday 8 April 2019

Liberal News - Unit 4

Bomb at the "Liceo Theatre"


The past 7th of November took place an anarquist attack against the bourgoise of the Condal city.  What happened? Who really provoked it?



It was the evening of the 7th of November when an unexpected event terrified the city of Barcelona. The Liceo theatre was crowded with important figResultado de imagen de bomba en el liceoures of the city eager to attend one of the most anticipated releases; the theatre opened its doors to present "Guillermo Tell", the last opera of Rossini. It was around the 11 p.m when two bombs Orsini were thrown from the fifth floor to the stalls, although only one of them bust (the other one was cushioned by an already deceased spectator). It killed 22 people and injured 35. The authorities related this to an anarchism plot.




We talk with some testimonies and they have described the event as something frightening; "I went down to the seats. In the theater , large, full of light, the rigid bodies were seen, others were giving the last gaps. There were wounded screaming and unconscious ladies, also a girl between ten or twelve years old dead. Some musicians from the orchestra with their white bibs soaked in blood, helped to move the wounded... it was imposing", pronounced by Aurora Roja.

But, who caused the attempt? 

It was the 2th of January, when after a great investigation  the police found that Santiago Salvador was the author of the attempt. 

We  could talk with one of the policeman and he told us with details how Salvador carried out the attack.




Santiago Salvador

"He entered to the Liceo through the door that led to the Street of San Pablo with the two bombs in the belt, under the blouse. He went up to the fourth or fifth floor and stayed in the hall, where he could see the people, happy and full of enthusiasm and he thought that it was the right moment to act. He avanced one arm and the the other and the two bombs fell into the yard.

After the attack he went to Castelserás for Tortosa and Gandesa and they fled to Zaragoza where we caught him, after he tried to commit suicide by shooting himself in the stomach."

He was imprisoned in solitary cinfinement on February 1st and  he´s now waiting to be judged on the trial that will take place on April 11th.
















18 comments:

  1. Good morning guys! I am writing to congratulate you about the awesome article you wrote.I liked it very much because I have understand it perfectly and you have not missed any detail. The inclusion of Aurora´s testimony was a great idea and the only mistake I can tell you is that you should review it before you posted it to improve the article with for example more links( not just wikipedia´s ones) and an English video, but I think that you included a Spanish video because the attack took place in Spain and there were not English videos. Good job!

    Ainhoa Menéndez

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all i want to congrate you becouse of your work with this news. There are lots of links to ampliate the information if wanted and the links are very interesting, for example the one talking about the type of bomb he used. It is also very informative and descriptive with the situation (sometimes too much). The bad part is that all the links are from wikipedia and the video is in Spanish, but it is a small part of a good proyect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Sergio Huerga Galiana

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice point of view abaut the Liceo's terrorist attack. Very nice written in spite of a few spelling mistakes. In my opinion the testimonies of the victim and the policeman are very good as they allow us to imagine how the situation was. Congratulations!
    Raúl Monje Alegre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I was reading your new and i was thinking about how you can improve it.So you can put more links because there are few, you can put more images because the images make the new more beautiful for the readers. The video was wall a bit short but very interesting.The paper version is excelent it looks like a real newspaper page.

    -Miguel Rodríguez

    ReplyDelete
  6. The idea of the article is good but you have to improve some things and you should correct some spelling mistakes.The contents are interesting and there isn't a lot of imformation that makes you feel bored.Good job!

    Isabel González González

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found interesting the topic of the news. I like how is it writen and I think that the real words of the victim and the police help us to understand better the situation and how people felt when this attack took place in Spain. Although the video is in Spanish, it ia very representative and it explais very well the event. I think you could improve you news adding more links although those that you included are really useful.

    Laura Pérez

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I think this news is very well written and explained and it is nice to read it, besides it is a very interesting topic to tell and that few people know. I was surprised by the video, the links I think it was better if there had been some more like Santiago Salvador or the Street of San Pablo but there are several that give you more information that serves as support, I’ve also seen some misspelling but they’re not serious. The paper version is what I liked the most and I was surprised that Salvador after putting two bombs he committed suicide and that in the attack only 22 people died of all that there were. But to me it’s great news.

    Rubén Berciano Monroy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, in my opinion it is a very entertaining article about an historical event. I didn´t know that the guilty was arrested. Also I like the organization of the article and the paper version, too.

    Óscar Barrio Jáuregui

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my opinion I liked the part of the testimonies, to know after the attack took place, the video seems to me that explains very well what happened and the news on paper I like but I think it has much content.
    Nerea Rubio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!Well guys I have found you´re article so much, I found it interesting and well redacted. I liked the idea of including testimonies of people who were supposed to be there. The paper version is very nice. Good job!
    Ángela Alonso

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!Well guys I have found you´re article so much, I found it interesting and well redacted. I liked the idea of including testimonies of people who were supposed to be there. The paper version is very nice. Good job!
    Ángela Alonso

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I think you have chosen a good topic for the news, so it was very interesting. In addition, it is very well explained and written although I've seen some misspellings. But what matters is that the article is nice, with good links and images. Your idea of the testimonies was also very original. The paper version is not very attractive to me, but it's good. In general, I like your news and now I know lots of things that I didn't, altough I would have liked to see an english video.

    Leticia Fernández

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting but improvable article!! You have several mistakes and you have to enhance the paper version. Your mark is 9.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This news’ leed catched my attention and left my with the desire of knowing more about this theme. The article is well explained and written (except for some misspelling) so is easy to understand the information. I found interesting some facts that appeared on the links, like the opera of that day in the theatre or the type of bombs the terrorists used. I was surprised about the number of deaths, because I thought they were much more. I would have liked to read more information about Santiago Salvador, that would have completed your news. You could add more images because there are few. You have choosen a short and entertaining video that puts you in the context of the attack, in addition of the anarchist song. I also liked the two testimonies of the women and the policeman. The paper version is really well organised too.

    María

    ReplyDelete
  16. The tittle of the article attracts you although I think the first part of it could be a little bit summarized to make it easy to read. I liked the testimonies because they help you to understand how that situation was. I think there could be more links as well.

    Cristina Miguélez.

    ReplyDelete

MOST POPULAR POSTS