QUÉ EMOCIÓN!!! PARTICIPAMOS EN UN CONCURSO!!!

XIV PREMIOS ESPIRAL - ACEPTAN NUESTRA CANDIDATURA DE PARTICIPACIÓN PARA LA EDICIÓN 2020

Hemos sido aceptados para participar en la modalidad de ABP en los XIV Premios Espiral. Os imagináis poder lograr tan prestigioso galardón?...

Monday 8 April 2019

The 4 Enlighteners Unit 4


ADVANCES ARRIVE BY RAILWAY





9th October 1848 


The event has been confirmated: next 28th October will take place the first Spanish railway's inauguration. Several tests have been made to prove the mechanism works perfectly, but... how does this new machine come to the Iberian Peninsula?



Eleven years ago, emerged the railway line in Cuba, joining the cities of  La-Habana and Güinea. The development of this transport line was facilitated by Miquel Biada, a young business man who get richer by the slaves trade. He lost his fortune in Venezuela when the country became independent. Then, he travelled to Cuba looking for recovering his money and finally he achieved it.  

The success of the company he was member of in Cuba, led him to bring the project of the railway to Spain.



However, it was difficult to carry the railway to the Iberian Peninsula, because there wasn´t too many people that support the project and invest on it. Some people also say that this transport causes illnesses and its smoke is bad for the health, or that the sparkles could cause fires. Despite the project has suffered some sabotage, it has remained firm.



It is expected that the trip from Barcelona to Mataró lasts 35 minutes. It will transport around 400 people, among whom Miquel will not be found because of his recent death a few months ago. Therefore, Miquel won´t be able to see his dream come true.


This event will be an act that will mark a new era in Spain, because it represents the progress of the country and how the Spanish Peninsula is making giant steps to catch the european industry and the advances in all the world. We hope the bourgueoise would like the project and support financially the industrialization of our beautiful country.










13 comments:

  1. Hello 4 enlighteners! If I were a member of the Spanish bourgeoisie of the 19th century and I was sat on a cafe, I would read your article because you chose an attractive title.The news is very well written because you talked about everything related to the railway in Spain without making the article too long. The video is short and easy to understand but it talked about the Bible at the end and some readers coul be from a different religion and they would dislike your article just because of that video. You should include more links also.

    Ainhoa Menéndez

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article is good,with interesting contents and the videos were very useful and easy to understand the imformation.The part in which you address the bourgeoisie brings to the article something that makes readers interested in it.Really good article!

    Isabel González González

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good article, it is completed and with quite interesting information that not too many has knowledge abaut. Anyway, perhaps you could've added a few more links just for more specific information, nice video aswell.
    Raúl Monje Alegre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello colleagues, my point of view of your news is really good. I think that everything is very well explained apart from the pictures I think they are very well chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good afternoon boys, for me this news is a bit badly chosen the topic because to me it seems to me that it is not a topic of which many things can be said and extended in the news. Even so I think the news is very good and I liked it very much since to me it seems that this event was very important for the development of the transport in Spain, there is also all the information needed to discuss this issue and I think they have done a good job. On the other hand, I believe that the paper version could be improved. I was very surprised that this project was sabotaged and it was very bad luck that its creator Miquel died a few months before that first big trip. I like the news, congratulations good work!

    Rubén Berciano Monroy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that it´s a good article, it is well written and show us interesting facts about the railway in Spain. I didn´t know that firstly the railway was made in Cuba and then in Spain. Also I have liked the video, it is too short but well informated, may be you can develop the paper version.

    Óscar Barrio Jáuregui

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I liked your article, you have choosen a very good topic that had allowed you search for interesting information that is not include in our class material. The redaction is quite good but you can improve the paper version.
    Ángela Alonso

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a really good article. I think it could be better and you have some misspellings but you have 9 as your mark.

    The paper version is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have chosen a bored topic but it´s well explained and it is easy to understand the information of the news. I liked that you have explained some history of the origin of the transport line, or some interesting facts like the initial sabotages. All information is really interesting. I´m sorry for Miguel because he had very bad luck to don´t see his dream. The video you choosed it´s really good because is short but with a lot of information. Although you could put more links to expand the information. About the paper version, I think you could resume it more, but is okey
    Maria Mata

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the chosen topic is interesting because the railway opened a stage of economic growth in Spain. The content is quite complete and orderly, although from my point of view it doesn´t answer the question that introduced the news. The paper format is well distributed.
    Marta Fernández

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found this article very interesting and easy to understand. The video summarizes the news perfectly and I think that you could improve the paper version

    Nerea Ramírez

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me, this article is very good. The information is well organized and explained so it makes the notice easy to read and understand. I also liked the paper vesion because the text is very good distributed, so it gets your attention.

    Cristina Miguélez.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found this news very interesting and I think that the bourgeoisie would definitely help to support it. Perhaps, it´s true that the topic didn´t let you say many things about it, but you still managed to make the news interesting and I didn´t expect that the first railway was made in Cuba. I also like a lot the video and the images.

    Joana do Vale

    ReplyDelete

MOST POPULAR POSTS